K2 Corporate Mobility has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
1.What we need
Our Personal Data Protection Policy governs the use and storage of your data. You can see our Personal Data Protection Policy
K2 Corporate Mobility is a Controller of the personal data you (data subject) provide us. We collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Home address
- Contact details and e-mail address
- Passport copy and visa copy where applicable
- Passport copy and visa copy where applicable of your family members
- Social Security Number – where applicable
- Work contract – where applicable
- Property lease contract
- Car ownership documents
- Insurance documentation
2.Why we need it
We need your personal data in order to provide you with the following services:
- The clear, duty free, of your effects in to the destination country.
- To satisfy local customs regulations for the duty free entrance
- To secure a property at the destination location
- To act on your behalf with regards to utility close down,
- To close down of a property and conduct the property walk through
- Collect or return keys and oversee deliveries etc.
- Clearing of car in to destination location
3.What we do with it
Your personal data is processed in K2 Americas office located in Houston, USA. Hosting and storage of your data takes place in Slough, London in the United Kingdom and Dublin, Ireland.
4.How long we keep it
Under US law, we are required to keep your documents according to the Data Retention Policy. After this period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed. Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Please see Data Retention Policy for more information on our personal data retention schedule.
5.What are your rights?
Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted. Please contact us through Data Subject Access Request Form.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact Compliance Manager at email@example.com or in writing at Queensgate House, South Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT12 9DZ, England. Our Compliance Manager will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and file a complaint with them.
6.US EU Privacy shield
As part of our commitment to the EU – U.S Privacy Shield Framework;
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, K2 Corporate mobility commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact K2 Corporate mobility at:
Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Linda Barnes, Compliance Manager, K2 Corporate Mobility, Queensgate House, South Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT12 9DZ
- The parties that the information will be disclosed to are our third party sub-contractors. These will be destination service providers, immigration lawyers, Customs Clearing officials, home search consultants, property management companies and shipping companies. All of whom will be providing a direct service to the assignee
- We confirm that at any time you have the right to access your personal data
- That in accordance with this notice we have limited the use and disclosure of your personal data
- K2 Corporate mobility is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal trade Commission (FTC)
- Under certain conditions you can invoke binding arbitration
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement we can disclose your personal information
- K2 Corporate mobility assumes liability in case of onward transfer to third parties